Wild Elves, Oerth
Wild elves are barbaric and tribal. Sometimes known as the Grugach, they live in small isolated bands in the temperate forests of Oerth.
Wild elves are very pale,and their hair colours range from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age. They are short like the high elves, with heights between 4'7" and 5'5", but are muscular like the Wood Elves, weighing between 85 and 155lbs. They dress in simple clothing of animal skin and basic plant weaves.
Wild Elves, Faerun
The wild elves of Faerun are insular and savage, and as a result are rarely seen outside their forest homes. They make friends slowly, commonly untrusting, and most nonelves simply don't have the lifespan required to gain the trust of a tribe of wild elves. Among their friends and kinfolk, wild elves are pleasant and outgoing. Their feasts and celebrations are events of great joy, with singing and dancing, but one of their most beloved ways to celebrate is to engage in a hunt, which even the young and the old participate in.
Wild Elves are stocky and strongly built for elves. Their skin tends to be dark brown, and their hair ranges from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age. Clothing is kept to a minimum amng the wild elves, although they make up for this with body decorations of all sorts - tattoos, war paint, feathers, and beaded jewelry that shows a surprising streak of complex and beautiful artistry. Their heights range between 5'0" and 6'6", but they are heaver than most other elves, weighing 105 to 260lbs. Wild elven women average 5" shorter and 20lbs lighter.
The Kagonesti, Krynn
The Kagonesti have a great bond to the natural world, and are tribal and animistic in their ways. Many of them resent the Qualinesti and the Silvanesti for past deeds, when the Kagonesti were enslaved by their brethren under the excuse of redeeming and civilizing them.
Kagonesti elves tend to be more muscular than the other elven races. They have tanned skin, with dark black to light brown hair, and hazel coloured eyes. They frequently decorate their faces and other exposed skin with tribal tattoos and body paint. Their heights range between 4'6" and 5'4", and they typically weigh between 90 and 120lbs.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
- Sleeplessness: Immmune to magical sleep effects
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells
- Low-Light Vision: A wild elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions
- Keen Senses: A wild elf is always considered to be in Detect Mode. They apply their full listen, search and spot skills even when making a passive search
- Skill Affinity: A wild elf receives a +2 racial bonus to the Listen, Search and Spot skills
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves are proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, and shortbow.