The stalwart defender is a sponsored champion of a cause or a way of life. As the name might imply, this character is a skilled combatant trained in the arts of defense. A line of stalwart defenders is a far better defense than a 10-foot-thick wall of stones, and much more dangerous.
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Feats: Toughness, Heavy Armor Optimization
Hit Die: d12
Proficiencies: Armor (Light, Medium, Heavy), Shields, Tower Shields, Weapons (Simple, Martial)
Skill Points: 2 + INT
Class Skills: Block, Concentration, Craft, Discipline, Heal, Listen, Intimidate, Knowledge (all), Lore, Parry, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Taunt
|1st||+1||+2||+0||+2||Damage Reduction, Defensive Stance||6-12||1/-|
|2nd||+2||+3||+0||+3||Defensive Awareness I||12-24||1/-|
|5th||+5||+4||+1||+4||Defensive Awareness II||30-60||3/-|
|10th||+10||+7||+3||+7||Defensive Awareness III, Challenging Shout||60-120||5/-|
- NOTE: Stalwart Defender Damage Reduction is handled on the back end. What this means for players is that any gear with X/- Damage Reduction on it WILL stack with their Stalwart Defender DR, unlike the base game.
The Stalwart Defender sinks into a defensive combat stance, eschewing some offense and mobility for incredible defensive power. They gain the following attributes:
- Regeneration: 1 + half Stalwart level
- Dodge AC: 1 + half Stalwart level
- Shield AC: 1 + half Stalwart level
- Doubles passive Stalwart DR
- +2 to saves
- +2 Discipline per level
- Immunity to Knockdown at level 10
- -50% Movement Speed
- Unable to land critical blows on enemies
This ability may be toggled on and off with a 3-round cooldown.
As a free action, you draw attention to yourself by bellowing accusations and jeers at nearby enemies, dealing sonic damage to goad them into attacking you. Enemies in a colossal radius must pass a Will save or be forced to attack you for six seconds. In addition, you bolster yourself to grant temporary hit points for the duration of the effect. The DC, sonic damage, and temp HP are all equal to 10 + taunt skill, capping at 45. This ability is on a 30-second cooldown.