Divine Champions are mighty warriors who dedicate themselves to their deity's cause, defending holy or unholy ground, destroying enemies of the church, and slaying mythical beasts.
Base Attack Bonus: +7
Feats: Weapon Focus in a melee weapon
Hit Die: d10
Proficiencies: Armor (Light, Medium), Shields, Weapons (Simple, Martial)
Skill Points: 2 + INT
Class Skills: Craft (all), Discipline, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (all), Lore, Parry, Profession (all), Ride, Spot, Taunt
|Level||BAB||Saves||Feats||HP range||Save bonus||Divine wrath|
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+0||Lay on Hands||5-10||+0||-|
|2nd||+2||+3||+3||+0||Bonus Feat, Sacred Defense (+1)||10-20||+1||-|
|4th||+4||+4||+4||+1||Bonus Feat, Sacred Defense (+1)||20-40||+2||-|
|5th||+5||+4||+4||+1||Divine Wrath||25-50||+2||+3 5/+5|
|6th||+6||+5||+5||+2||Bonus Feat, Sacred Defense (+1)||30-60||+3||+3 5/+5|
|8th||+8||+6||+6||+2||Bonus Feat, Sacred Defense (+1)||40-80||+4||+3 5/+5|
|10th||+10||+7||+7||+3||Bonus Feat, Sacred Defense (+1), Divine Wrath (+2)||50-100||+5||+5 5/+5|
At level 5, Divine Wrath grants +3 to attack, damage, saves, and -20% damage taken for a number of rounds equal to their charisma modifier plus half of their Divine Champion level. At level 10, these bonuses increase by an additional +2. This ability also provides 5/+5 DR for its duration. Divine Wrath works on a charge-based system, capping at a maximum of 3 charges that independently refresh 6 minutes after use. This ability is undispellable and is a free action to use.
(Note the damage immunity provides no feedback and is separate from all other immunity)
Tips: Becoming a Divine Champion
- Paladins gain some of the fighter's combat abilities by choosing to become a divine champion.
- Conversely, fighters gain paladin-like abilities by playing this prestige class.
- Militant clerics may also find this prestige class appealing.
- This class should also be very interesting for rogues because it gives increased saving throws, fighter-like abilities like bonus feats, increased base attack bonus and hit points while continuing a high reflex save.
- Sorcerers have a synergy with this class as a high charisma improves many divine champion abilities.