Axani have the blood of a lawful outsider coursing through their veins, most often a lawful neutral outsider like a mercane or an axiomatic humanoid, but sometimes a lawful celestial (such as an archon) or a lawful fiend (such as a devil) produces an axani descendent. This happens most often when most of the axani’s mortal ancestors are strongly opposed to the good or evil component of the outsider’s alignment. As their linage indicates, most are lawful neutral, with lawful good and lawful evil as roughly equal minorities. Neutral axani are extremely rare, and chaotic axani are almost unheard of. Axani are drawn to the ordered, principled life of the monk, but any profession with a structured environment, such as soldiering, suits them.
Axani typically have overly neat, orderly appearances. They favor simple but elegant clothing and hairstyles. They are often quite attractive, with well-formed, symmetrical features. Some axani have a metallic tint to their skin or hair, but this is rare. Like elves, axani have no facial hair or body hair.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom
- Cold and Sonic resistance 5
- Darkvision: Axani can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and axani function just fine wtih no light at all.
- Skill Affinity: An axani receives a +2 racial bonus to the Persuade and Spot skills.
- Calm Emotions: Axani can use calm emotions once per day as cast by a sorcerer of their character level.
- Level Adjustment +1