Stout Halflings, Oerth
The stout halflings are shorter and stockier than other halflings, and they usually live among dwarves. Halflings are quiet, retiring, and do not seek attention. They are farm folk, pastoral people who don't get excited about much.
The stouts are about six inches shorter than other halflings, standing about 2'6" tall, and are comparatively ntocky in build. They uually weigh between 30 and 35lbs. They have brown or black eyes. Halfling men often have long sideburns, but beards are rare among them and mustaches almost unseen. Halflings prefer simple, comfortable, and practical clothes. Unlike members of most races, they prefer actual comfort to shows of wealth.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength
- Small Size: +1 size modifier to attack rolls and AC, +4 size bonus to hide and move silently skills.
- Darkvision: Stout halflings can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and stout halflings function just fine wtih no light at all.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas
- Skill Affinity: A stout halfling receives a +2 racial bonus to the Lore skill
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the fear subtype
- Good aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons