Gray Elf-Sun Elf
Gray Elves, Oerth
Oerth's Gray Elves are reclusive and keep to themselves. Even by elven standards, they have a reputation for being aloof and arrogant. They regard every other race with disdain, even other elven races. Still, they believe that they are one of the greatest protectors of good in the world and they work tirelessly to uphold this vigil.
Gray Elves are unusually tall for elves, but are also more thinly built, lacking the strength and agility of their lesser cousins. They have very pale skin, and tend to have gray or silver hair, along with amber eyes. Gray Elves with pale golden hair and violet eyes have been spotted, but these are very rare. Gray Elves tend to wear noble clothing and armor, with the mages wearing splendid robes colored white, silver, yellow, or gold that are often adorned with shining metals such as silver and mithril, or jewels.
Sun Elves, Faerun
Sun elves, also called gold elves, are easily the haughtiest of the Faerunian elven races. Patient and deliberate in most of what they do, they demonstrate an orderly nature uncommon to most elves, preferring to master a skill before applying it rather than learning as they go. The sun elves believe themselves to be the chosen defenders of elven culture and tradition, selected specifically for the task by Corellon Larethian himself, and they take this role very seriously.
Sun elves have bronze-coloured skin, and their hair is often copper, golden blonde, black, or less commonly red. Their eyes are green or golden, often with a liquid appearance, and silver, black, hazel, and copper hues have also been heard of. They are taller than elves of other Primes, though built just as slim and graceful. The men range between 5'0" to 6'6" tall, with the women averaging 5" shorter. Sun elven clothing is magnificent, though often understated. Colours such as blue, green and white are favored, with embroidered hems and collars, knotwork patterns, and naturalistic runes subtly embellishing their garments.
The Silvanesti, Krynn
The Silvanesti are a proud, arrogant, and stoic folk with little use for other races, including other elves. They idealize racial purity, and are intolerant of "inferior" races and customs. Silvanesti rarely communitate with the outside world, finding it far too transient for their liking. Even their relationship with the Qualinesti is strained.
The Silvanesti are fair-skinned, with hair ranging from light brown to blonde-white, and hazel eyes. They average 5'0", though often give the impression of greater height. They prefer loose garments, flowing robes, and billowing capes. Their clothes are various shades of green and brown. They speak in melodic tones and move with a natural grace.
- Gray Elf and Silvanesti: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution
- Sun Elf: +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution
- Sleeplessness: Immmune to magical sleep effects
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells
- Low-Light Vision: A gray elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor *illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions
- Keen Senses: A gray elf is always considered to be in Detect Mode. They apply their full listen, search and spot skills even when making a passive search
- Skill Affinity: A gray elf receives a +2 racial bonus to the Listen, Search and Spot skills
- Weapon Proficiency: Gray elves are proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, and shortbow.