D'hin (singular d'hin'ni) are a race of planetouched descended from lightfoot halflings and djinn. They are generally impulsive and somewhat flighty, unable to concentrate on a single task for more than a moment.
D'hin vary widely in their appearance, but adult males are universally bald and females wear their dark hair long. They tend to stand a little taller than halflings, but not so tall as to be mistaken as dwarves. Most favor comfortable, loose-fitting clothes made of cotton or silk.
D'hin prefer to fight defensively, usually sniping with ranged attacks as a foe approaches. They rely heavily on hit-and-run tactics, very much like those of halflings, but they place more emphasis on mobility and less on cover and concealment.
D'hin live among halflings and fill all the myriad roles of their pureblooded kin, although they do tend more toward the study of magic than true halflings. D'hin speak Auran and Halfling, while those who travel outside halfling lands (as traders, mercenaries, or adventurers) also learn the Common tongue.
D'hin trace their ancestry back to halfling slaves of the Calim Empire and their djinn overseers. Persecuted by the genie-hating humans of early Coramshan, the d'hin fled northward into the Calishar Emirates as part of the great halfling migration. Today, d'hin are most common along the Sword Coast, concentrated in halfling comunities in Calimshan, the Purple Hills of Tethyr, the eastern shore of Lake Esmel, the Sunset Vale, and in the vicinity of Secomber.
D'hin are treated as lightfoot halflings for purposes of determining available regions.
From their halfling ancestors d'hin retain a certain amount of disinterest in moral and ethical debates, but from the djinn they keep a level of capricious unpredictability. Most, then, are represented by the chaotic neutral alignment.
Most venerate Brandobaris or Shaundakul, although the entire halfling pantheon (including Tymora) is revered.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom.
- Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus to attack rolls, +4 bonus to Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
- Halfling Blood: For all special abilities and effects, a d'hin'ni is considered a halfling.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Racial Skills: +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
- Spell-like Abilities: D'hin can cast prestidigitation at will.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Auran. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +1.