Celadrins are a race of planetouched descended from the unions of elven worshipers of Hanali Celanil and eladrins (usually firre) consummated during summer solstice revels.
Celadrins usually resemble gold elves with flame-red hair, bronze skin, and gold eyes. They favor radiant garments, often diaphanous silks woven with threads of silver and gold.
Celadrins are cautious warriors who take time to analyze their opponents and the location of the fight if at all possible, maximizing their advantages by using ambushes, snipers, and camouflage. They prefer to fire from cover and retreat before they are found, repeating this maneuver until all of their enemies lay dead.
They prefer longbows, shortbows, rapiers, and longswords. In melee, celadrins are graceful and deadly, using complex maneuvers beautiful to observe. Their wizards often use sleep spells during combat because such magic does not affect other elves or celadrins.
Celadrins typically live among gold elves, although some wander the world a few decades before settling down with other types of elves. They speak Celestial and Elven. Most celadrins who travel outside their temples (as guardians or wandering troubadours) learn the Common tongue.
Not uncommon in the forests of Cormanthor, most celadrins trace their ancestry back to the height of Myth Drannor. Since the Weeping War, many celadrins have settled in Deepingdale and the forests surrounding Lake Sember. Celadrins are found in other elven communities where the church of Hanali Celanil plays a prominent role, including Evereska and Evermeet. They are usually strongly associated with the arts, either as craftsmen, performers, or guardians thereof.
Celadrins are treated as gold elves for purposes of determining available regions.
Like full-blooded elves, celadrins enjoy the gentler aspects of freedom and chaos, as represented by the alignment chaotic good.
Celadrins prefer to live in elven communities with prominent temples of Lady Goldheart. Most celadrins venerate Hanali Celanil and honor the rest of the Seldarine.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- Elven Blood: For all special abilities and effects, a celadrin is considered an elf. Celadrins, for example, can use elven weapons and magic items with racially specific elven powers as if they were elves.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Fire resistance 10.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects.
- Weapon Proficiency: Celadrins are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- Racial Skills: Celadrins have a +4 racial bonus on Perform (sing) checks and a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A celadrin who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if the were actively looking
- Melodious Voice: A celadrin has a captivating voice, capable of influencing NPC attitudes. A celadrin receives a +1 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to influence the attitude of a non-player character or on wild empathy checks made to influence the attitude of an animal or magical beast. This bonus rises to +2 at 5th level, +3 at 10th level, +4 at 15th level, and +5 at 20th level.
- Automatic Languages: Celestial, Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan
- Favored Class: Bard.
- Level Adjustment: +1.